Bradwell Parish Council has been involved in various ways in combating crime and disorder in the village, and has regular contact with local police officers. Most of Bradwell has been part of the area covered by the ‘Bradwell Safer Neighbourhood Team’ since late 2006, although a change has been made more recently, whereby the ‘Bradwell North’ area is referred to as ‘Bradwell’, while the ‘Bradwell South’ area has been absorbed into ‘Southern Villages’. The same officers cover both areas, overseen by Inspector Donald Dallas.

Members of the combined Team are:-

Sergeant Chris Giddens 31
PC Michael Lay-Flurrie 280 (Bradwell Beat Manager)

To contact the Team ring 101, or e-mail

For more information regarding local police services go to

To view the latest reports from the Police & Crime Commissioner Norfolk go to

If you are a victim of crime, or if you see that a crime has taken place (e.g. criminal damage), the matter should always be reported to the Police. The Police can only combat crime effectively if they know when and where it has taken place.

Gorleston and Bradwell Community Alcohol Partnership

A Community Alcohol Partnership (CAP) has been set up to tackle underage drinking. The CAP brings together organisations including the council, the police, schools, alcohol services and local retailers to reduce the crime, anti-social behaviour and harm caused by underage drinking. Some of the work we are doing includes:

  • Working alongside local retailers to prevent underage and proxy alcohol sales. Proxy sales are when a person aged 18 or over buys alcohol on behalf of an underage person
  • Targeting and prosecuting adults who supply alcohol to young people
  • Providing help, support and information for young people through youth services and local schools
  • Carrying out police patrols and confiscating alcohol from young people in areas where there have been problems with youth antisocial behaviour
  • Working with parents and communities to increase awareness about the risks of underage drinking and encouraging them to talk to young people about drinking
  • Sharing information so all partners can act quickly when problems with alcohol related youth anti-social behaviour arise

If you have any information relating to the supply of alcohol to young people or street drinking, please contact the police on 101. For more information on the harms underage drinking can lead to go to

Partners Norfolk Police, Norfolk County Council, Great Yarmouth Borough Council, schools and the community. For more Information:-
Coordinator: Chris Giddens
CiC number: 07478097