Anglian Water are investing £4 million in Gorleston to reduce the risk of sewer flooding to local homes and properties. Improvements will be made to the sewer network on Colomb Road and the High Street, a new sewer on Burgh Road and a new pumping station and storm overflow tank underneath Beccles Road.
Work starts on 6th September 2021 with an anticipated end date of May 2022. Road will be closed as follows:
· Beccles Road will have the outer lanes in both directions closed from 20 September – 1 October 2021
· Beccles Road Southbound will be closed from 4 October 2021 – 12 October 2021
· Beccles Road Northbound and footpath will be closed from 13 October – 3 May 2022
· The cul-de-sac on Colomb Road will have traffic control in place from 20 September – 27 October 2021
· High Street will be closed from 28 October – 6 December 2021
· Burgh Road will be closed from 1 November 2021 to 31 March 2022
· Beccles Road roundabout will have lane width restrictions from 7 December 2021 to 15 December 2021
Clearly sign posted diversions will be in place.
For more information please see the Anglian Water website.