Please see the below from Highways England:
A47 Burgh Road bridge and A47 Beccles Road bridge: pigeon deterrent works
I write to inform you that we’ll be carrying out essential works to address health and safety concerns and damage caused by pigeons living in the above structures. During the works we will remove pigeons, clean the structure, remove existing spikes which are no longer working and install mesh as a new pigeon prevention measure.
We plan to complete this work over 3 weeks from Tuesday 1 June to Wednesday 16 June, subject to weather conditions, with a mixture of day-time and night-time traffic management. Please see further information below on dates and times of traffic management required. We have closely liaised with the local authority to the area to agree to most suitable diversion routes.
A47 Burgh Road bridge
- Tuesday 1 June to Thursday 3 June, 8am to 5pm, pedestrian footpath management only.
- Saturday 5 June to Monday 7 June, 8am to 5pm, two-way temporary traffic lights either side of the bridge.
A47 Beccles Road Bridge
- Tuesday 8 June to Monday 14 June, weekdays only, 8am to 5pm, pedestrian footpath management only.
- Tuesday 15 June to Wednesday 16 June, 9pm to 6am, temporary light controlled junction at Beccles Road Junction, partial lane closure on the A47 Beccles Road southbound exit slip, full closure of the northern end of Shrublands Way.
Northbound Shrublands Way traffic to be diverted either:
- Eastbound along Church Lane, B1370 and A143/ Beccles Road to Beccles Road Junction
- Westbound along Crab Lane before joining the A143/ Beccles road eastbound to Beccles Road Junction (Diagram 1)
Southbound Shrublands Way traffic to be diverted either:
- Westbound along Beccles Road, Crab Lane onto Shrublands Way.
- Eastbound along Beccles Road, A143/ Church Road and onto Church Lane (Diagram 1)
Southbound A47 traffic
- Traffic leaving the A47 via the southbound exit slip and wishing to turn right onto Beccles Road, will be diverted left to the roundabout to turn around. (Diagram 2)
Please be assured all our sites have strict safeguarding measures to prevent the spread of COVID19 and none of our sites are open to the public. We will be carrying out all works following safety guidelines set by the Government.
Find out more
To stay informed about all the latest major roadworks happening near you, visit www.gov.uk/government/organisations/highways-england to register for the latest alerts. If you have any enquiries please contact the Highways England Customer Contact Centre on 0300 123 5000, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org